Monday 23 March 2015

On Fiat v Merc in Classic Hymers ....

You are absolutely right Chris Watson. There is a bit of snobbery between Mercs and Fiats, but in all my time with Hymers I haven't really heard anybody really for or against the two marques. But what I do think it boils down to is front wheel drive versus rear. In my case I have always asked so much of my van, in terms of towing and doing daft things off road that I just know that front wheel drive wouldn't have cut it for me. I just couldn't have done the things I have done with my van if it was front wheel drive. So I don't really think there's a big issue between Fiat Hymers and Merc Hymers - both give good service, and in many respects, the Fiat has more power and economy for "normal" use, but the rear wheel drive Merc has more versatility for those of us who stray off the tarmac a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment